Monday 18 February 2013

A letter to my Daddy



Hello daddy, 

hope you are fine?  It's 18th february today, 363 days ( 2 days to a year) since I realized calling, texting, or seeing you was NEVER gonna be possible. 

I've really missed you daddy.

When you passed on, I couldn't wait for the burial, thought I'd feel better afterwards, but I didn't. Thought I'd feel better after a month, but months passed on, and nothing changed. It's already a year now, and it still feels like yesterday.

I can't help but ask how and why God picks some of us and makes us go through and live with such pain. 
Of late, I see you a lot in my dreams.  Could it be that your soul is lingering around earth now that it's almost a year? The  other night, I saw you in my dream, I ran after you and screamed but you didn't  seem to hear my voice. That really broke my heart, I wanted just a word with you.
It's true what they say daddy, you never really know what you have till it's gone.
I remember all our silly fights and I wish I could take them all back and use that moment to spend quality father - daughter moments with you.
I ache when I see some folks nag and not wanna keep in touch with their dads/mums, cause I'll give it all up to spend just 10seconds with you, hug you tight and tell you I love you.
Life has been tough without you, really tough. 
I sometimes feel I'd never be truly completely happy cause of this emptiness I feel in my heart,  and i feel you would have handled issues differently if you were here (really wonder how you were able to do it all, all by yourself) . I do miss you soooooo much.
Hey daddy, don't be sad now. Your absence has made me stronger,I'm a fighter now. I never let go, I hang on and trust God. 
I aspire to be selfless like you too, I try to always practice humility, peace and unity just like you always did and preached. 
Due to the man that you were, blessings have been coming our way, and I know you are right there with God interceding on our behalf. 
I've got a job now, so has Annie. Terhemba graduated with good grades awaiting his NYSC, Torrumun is in his final year (Law) , aspiring to step into your shoes.*sigh*

Mummy? Mummy has been really strong and amazing!  She surprised me too, I never thought she would be able to make it on earth a day without you, cause of how attached to you she was, but I thank God, cause she's been strong. She has taken the farm to a whole new level, and has even started producing table water.  After your name actually "Orvenz" table water. Not too bad right? We'd keep hanging on. Continue to rest well till we meet again.   p:s Hope you had a lovely valentines day up there? :) I love you.


2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww!sooooo sweet dear. A̶̲̥̅♏ sure he's rili proud of u.dis is a beautiful piece of literature.I remember d last time I saw him,I was pregnant with david den.His personality is rili worth missin,very lively n full of jokes.its true wat der say D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅τ̲̅ gud pple don't last.Ur consolation nw shud dat he has been called to a better place,a place of rest.REST ON DADDY ngo-d-ngo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ngo d Ngo as daddy used t0 call u, our consolation is that he is in heaven wit God.Darling, my love nd best friend rest on in peace till we meet to part no more

    ReplyDelete